Yoga & Resources
For caregivers of all ages!
Current Classes and Events:
- Private classes available. These are perfect for beginners, people with special needs and people who desire to have an at- home practice. Classes can happen in the comfort of your own space or at The Breathing Room.
- Public classes: at The Breathing Room in Central Square (entrance to right of Life Alive).
- Cost: Drop-ins $15, Pre-registration $13 and 10-class cards are $115.
- Ask Angela about the caregiver discount! The Breathing Room also offers caregiver appreciation discounts on massage
Check back often for new selections and upcoming events! Contact Angela for more information or to sign up at 617-949-9347
- The Family Caregiver Handbook
- The Executive Office of Elder Affairs for Massachusetts
- City of Cambridge Council on Aging
- Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association
- Black Lotus Yoga
- The National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA)
- The Caring Bridge (Free Patient Websites Connect Loved Ones During Serious Health Events
- The Family Caregiver Alliance
- ATRA (American Therapeutic Recreation Association)
Some Recommended Books and Activities
For Care Partners & Caring Professionals:
- The Alzheimer’s Activities Guide
- The Activity Year Book
- Take Care Tips
- Making the Moments Count: Leisure Activities for Caregiving Relationships
- Learning to Speak Alzheimer’s: A Groundbreaking Approach for Everyone Dealing with the Disease
- Short Stories Chicken Soup for the Golden Soul
- Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga
- Caring Conversations
For Families with Children:
- Making the Moments Count: Leisure Activities for Caregiving Relationships, by Joanne Ardolf Decker
Empowering caregivers to enjoy every moment.